Monday, July 21, 2014

Post #1: Modesty Standards

Hey there! This is my first post, and considering that this is a modesty blog, i think it should be about my personal modesty standards.
My modesty standards are not something I’ve looked into the bible myself and really researched, but my personal convictions come from seeing other god-loving women dress this way, and also conversations with my significant other have decided what our modesty standards are.
My modesty standards are fairly simple. They are: 4 fingers from the collarbone to below the knee. Skirts shouldn’t prominently show outline of the rear end, and shirts shouldn’t make breasts super obvious. I don’t wear bikinis, I wear either one pieces or a wear a knee length swimskirt with a rashguard. Head-coverings are encouraged, but not needed. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I keep my shoulders covered as well. Jeans are O.K. as long as i wear a long shirt over them.

What are your modesty standards, and how did you decide what they were?

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much the same :) although I don't feel comfortable anymore wearing jeans. I'm not sure what to do about workout wear or swim wear either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Silvia,
      Thanks for reading my blog, it means a lot to me!
      For working out and swim wear, I was fortunate enough to find "swim skirts" that cover the knee and i usually wear a rash guard and some leggings underneath.. Maybe I'll do a post in a bit :)
      Blessings!

      Delete